Our vision for ministry at Provo Bible Church is:
“Fulfilling the great commission by sharing His gospel, proclaiming His Word, maturing His saints, and equipping His church to glorify God in all of life.”
We reach out to share the gospel of Jesus with courage.
- We share the biblical message of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ which is definite, irreducible, and completely sufficient to save men and women through faith in His substitutionary death alone.
- We faithfully share the Gospel in prayerful dependence upon Him, pointing people to the cross of Christ, because it is the power of God to save.
- The goal of our outreach is to make disciples.
We teach to proclaim the word of God with authority.
- We preserve and protect the teachings and gospel message given to us in the Bible which God uses to encourage our faith, produce godliness, and increase our hope.
- Biblical teaching always informs our experience and practice leading us to be doers and not just hearers of the Word.
- The objective of all biblical teaching is our individual submission to and communion with God.
We disciple to mature the saints of God for usefulness.
- If God cares so much about our growth that He commands and causes it, then we should care enough to make it a priority in our lives and relationships.
- The only sure sign of spiritual health is in seeing the knowledge of God taking hold of us in such a way that it begins to transform our lives.
- Godliness, putting Him first in every aspect of life, requires discipline, rejects worldliness, and increases our testimony in the world.
We lead to equip the body of Christ for ministry.
- God gives elders to the church to build up the body of Christ by their example and teaching so that we are equipped for every good work.
- The church is also to be led in deeds of service by deacons who, by example and works of love, show the saints how to meet needs and love one another tangibly.
- Serving one another in love not only promotes unity in the body of Christ but enhances our corporate testimony for those who may be watching.
We worship to glorify God, Who is worthy of our delight.
- Our passion to glorify God should be manifest in all of life, which will prepare us to gather and worship Him together.
- God determines how we are to worship Him, so we want our approach to be defined by His Word.
- God is the object of worship and His people will long to come together to worship Him on the Lord’s Day.