Provo Bible Church teaches the Word of God because that is the primary means of bringing believers to maturity in Christ (2 Tim 3:16-17). Paul affirmed this belief as a teacher, “Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God.” He gave his reason for this, “We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ” (Col 1:25, 28).
As we listen to teaching from the Bible, believing and committing ourselves to following, it gives substance to our faith. It provides direction in life and an anchor in the midst of testing and trials. The wisdom it provides calms the doubt and fears that result from misunderstandings and confusion in the midst of life’s circumstances, leaving the believer confident to walk in faith.
God designed the church to encourage this kind of spiritual growth. He wants each believer to mature in Christ-likeness, and together to work in each others’ lives to promote growth and unity in the church. Each believer is to be filled up to the measure of Christ’s fullness, becoming like Him and interacting among the people of God as He intended. So we teach and equip the Body in this knowledge, around the key doctrines of the Bible, for the very purpose of growing them in Christ.
Our Priorities in Preaching and Teaching
- We teach and emphasize the sole sufficiency and absolute authority of the Scriptures.
- We value expository preaching of the Bible.
- The foundation of our teaching is sound doctrine from the Word of God.
- The aim of our teaching is the application of biblical principles in the lives of people.
- Our ultimate reason for preaching and teaching the Scriptures is to secure the maturity of believers.
- Our desire is to present every man complete in Christ.
- Our priority is to provide the time necessary to prepare and deliver life-challenging biblical messages.
Opportunities to learn from the Bible include Sunday Worship Service, Adult Sunday School, Restauración (bilingual service), Midweek Bible Study, Women’s Bible Study, and Men’s Breakfast. Learn more about each of these opportunities in the Get Involved / Join a Group menus above.