You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus (2 Tim 3:14-15).
The Bible teaches that in God’s order, it is the parents who have primary responsibility for teaching their children the truth about God and his will (Deut 6:4-9; Eph 6:4). But the church family has a very important responsibility to assist the parents and to confirm these teachings.
Realizing that many children are only exposed to Christian teaching in Sunday school we commit our Sunday morning efforts to teach the Word of God. The aim is to edify those children who know Christ and to present His truth to those who don’t. Sunday morning activities are designed to communicate spiritual content and application for each developmental age group, offering opportunities for children to memorize Scripture and practically understand the Bible.
Children’s Ministry is a Ministry to Children: Our goal is to create a desire to learn in a loving setting that provides order and protection in preparing children for life, exposing their inability to keep godly standards, and thus their need for a savior (Prov 22:6).
- By leading children toward heart changing, life-saving truth by laying the foundation of knowing, worshipping and pleasing God in a true sense of awe, and learning to respond in obedience to His authority (Prov 9:10).
- By teaching children a biblical world view in which they are confronted with the true nature of their sin, that it separates them from the love of God and, without Christ, condemns them to eternal punishment (Rom 1:18).
- By introducing children to the atoning work of Christ on the cross, His resurrection, and their need to turn from their sins and receive God’s mercy, grace, and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ (1 John 4:13).
Children’s Ministry is a Ministry for Parents: Our goal is to encourage and reinforce parent’s efforts to bring up their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph 6:4).
- By endeavoring to meet parents, affirming their efforts to bring up their children in the Lord, and supporting their leadership in the home.
- By encouraging and assisting parents to oversee the instruction of their children through hands-on involvement in their child’s ministry.
- By involving parents in ministry development and leadership to encourage and support a pattern of spiritual leadership in the home.
Children’s Ministry is a Ministry by Teachers: Our goal is to serve and equip teachers to effectively instruct and train children in God’s Word even as they have allowed Him to make the Scriptures live in their own hearts (1 Tim 1:4b-5).
- By coming along side willing and spiritually qualified individuals, equipping them to effectively participate in life-changing instruction with children.
- By encouraging each teacher’s personal growth, use of spiritual gifts and ministry skills to enable an enduring ministry to parents and children.
- By developing leadership skills and qualities that further equip and challenge other students, teachers and parents to follow their Christ-like example.
Opportunities for Children to Get Involved:
Children’s Sunday School: 10:00AM in the Family Center – Bible lessons for the children along with verse recitation and memorization, singing, games, and activities. Introducing children to the magesty of God, a biblical world view, and the atoning work of Christ on the cross. Please stop by on Sunday morning and meet your child’s teacher. We would love to get to know you and your family.
Children’s Church: 11:00AM in the Family Center – The children spend this hour worshipping the Lord through singing, crafts, games, snacks and Bible stories. They are encouraged to learn about worship, explore God’s Word, and experience those first lessons of faith through concrete examples and illustrations, putting the lessons into practice as they learn what it means to walk with God.
Kids Club: 7:00PM at Provo Bible Church in the Family Center – Time of games, crafts, singing, Bible memorization and Bible lesson. (Currently on hiatus for the summer.)