Provo Bible Church is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect our children from foreseeable harm. This commitment includes, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- All children and youth workers must complete a detailed ministry application, background check and be approved by a staff member of Provo Bible Church (exceptions will include those who have been pre-approved by a staff member of Provo Bible Church). (Note: we are in the process of implementing this step.)
- Children and Youth Teachers are to be members of Provo Bible Church who attend regularly. Those assisting are encouraged to pursue church membership.
- Every group of children should endeavor to have at least two workers present at all times.
- When taking a child to the restroom workers should only enter the restroom to assist when absolutely necessary and the outside restroom door should remain open.
- Workers will use proper judgment in having physical contact with a child.
- Only women may change diapers.
- If a worker or parent believes a child is in an unsafe environment or suspects abuse they shall contact a church staff member immediately.
If a child is harmed in Provo Bible Church, we will take immediate steps to inform the parents, holding all offending persons fully responsible for their actions. We will also evaluate our practices and procedures, considering changes that might reduce the likelihood of such harm to children in the future.
This children’s policy shall be familiar to all children and youth workers and may be amended by the church board or steering committee.